My Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisGirl13

Reaction score
So here they are as promised. . . My mantis photos!

The ghosts first: 

Last edited by a moderator:
They’re pretty cute. I love Briarlight’s and Fallen Leave’s coloration! And Tigerheart’s a powerful name. Keep us updated on them, and looking forward to more pics.

@River Dane Thanks! Fallen Leaves has such vivid colors that I could not capture them with my camera!

@Little Mantis Ghosts are the best! You should definitely push them to the top of your wish list!

I have more pictures to post. MantidForum was acting up for me last night and I was having trouble posting pictures, but I will do my best to put the rest up today!

- MantisGirl13

Nice, your mantids deserve a topic on this forum too. ?I am almost out of space here for my mantids pics, I soon need to upload them on other site to link them here.

Think I need to slow down a bit with buying mantids. I have bought a bunch lately and 2 in transit.  Then i will be having 8 of them.

At the moment i have 6:

• Cochise and Bob: 2x Hierodula memanacea
  • Hunter and Diego: 2 Sphodromantis gastrica
  • Yoda:  Creobroter gemmatus male
  • Flash: Sphodromantis gastrica female
In transit:

• 1 hierodula Majascula female
  • 1 Creobroter gemmatus female
I will be having 8 when they are home, I am suspecting that they will arrive tomorrow

Nice! I have 21:

10x Parashphendale affinis

2x Sphodromantis gastrica

1x Gongylus gongylodes

1x Brunneria borealis

5x Phyllocrania paradoxa

1x Tenodera sinensis

1x Miomantis paykulii

I love them all!

- MantisGirl13

I have ten of these guys, so I am just posting a picture of one of them?

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I popped a month in the ghosts cage, and I looked in and my male and a female were sharing it! So cute! Sorry for the bad picture! IMG_20180617_074910.jpg

IMG_20180621_061448_kindlephoto-214083529.jpg

This morning I woke up to my Sphodromantis gastrica, Stitch, molting into subadult. Her neighbor, my Brunneria borealis Breeze noticed that I was nearby, and she sprinted to me and dug at the cage wall until I took her out. After that, she just sat on my hand and looked at me. So cute!

- MantisGirl13

IMG_20180621_135407_kindlephoto-231548365.jpg

This afternoon, I got to watch my  violin, Valentine, molting as well! Sorry for the bad picture! Her head looks like it is connected to the stick!?

@Little Mantis It sure is! I love watching them molting! Speaking of molting, my female ghost molted to subadult today! Yay! This means I have a sub male, two sub females, one presub female, and one presub male.

- MantsGirl13

Latest posts