my mantis queens đź‘‘

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melonberries

Reaction score
My babies from oldest to newest.

Gertrude, Mistress of Doom
Early November 2019 - Dec 21 2019
My first mantis, had not originally planned to keep her when I found her but I really quickly discovered how cool these insects really are!
GERT_collage.png

Lady Genevieve, Reaper of Wings
October 2021 - Dec 15 2021
Slightly more chill than Gertie but more picky about food. Particularly enjoyed pouncing on lepidoptera in her enclosure.
GEN_collage.png

Josephine
Current mantis, my first nymph.
JO61022.jpg

* Both Gertrude and Genevieve produced oothecae, unfortunately neither of them survived.
* Joesphine is a Carolina Mantis (bought from a breeder) but I'm not 100% certain what Stagmomantis species Gertie and Genevieve were; I had assumed California but the other similar species native to the Southwest US look so similar I have a hard time telling them apart sometimes.
* I briefly had a small green male named Gerry but I don't have any pictures of him. He unfortunately succumbed to what I'm guessing was a parasite, bacterial or fungal infection

Your babies are absolutely gorgeous! Josephine is adorable! I love their names. So sorry to hear about Gerry. Poor little guy.