New from Georgia

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jooly

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Julie Anthony and I am currently Director of Insect Rearing Operations at the University of Georgia. We have an Insect Zoo which houses 30+ species insects and other arthropods that come from all over the world.

ghost mantis.jpg

Final instar Phyllocrania paradoxa

My specialty are the Giant Dead Leaf Mantids (Deroplatys dessicata). My research focuses on the mating and reproductive behavior of these stunning mantids.

20151122_173842.jpg

Adult female D. dessicata

Also, I am 23 years old and a recent graduate of the University of Georgia, and I'm looking for more permanent job opportunities in the insect rearing field. I am very excited to be a part of this forum!

Welcome.

Congrats on being able to actually work with mantids. I floated some ideas about mantis research past my advisor in grad school but even the idea of working with mantids was shot down.

Welcome to the forum! I have recently started doing volunteer work at our museum's Arthropod Zoo here in NC. We don't really do much real work, but we do get to talk and hang out together with fellow bug/animal enthusiasts.

Welcome! I have been eyeing that University as it has a major in Entomology and the UGA lodge in Costa Rica. I breed many species of insects and maybe we could talk about the University some time!

Matt

Welcome! I have been eyeing that University as it has a major in Entomology and the UGA lodge in Costa Rica. I breed many species of insects and maybe we could talk about the University some time!

Matt
We'd love to talk with you about insect rearing and our program here! You're welcome to shoot me a message at [email protected]