Okay then....

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benayla

Reaction score
Even though I thought my Hierodula Majuscula had a month or two before being fully grown, Nover molted again. And now has wings. So I was as wrong as I've ever been in my entire life.....

And once again I am no longer sure about Nover's gender, but I'm sure some pictures of the newly adult Giant Rain Forest Mantis sent here will clear that up for me. I've been keeping Nover on small crickets, after trying meal worms, which this bug didn't seem to like. Nover didn't look as large as my Hierodula Membranacea when they were sub adults, male or female. Different species, same genus. I thought they were the same size.

I can't count the segments on Nover, but if I look at his belly, I  would say it is male, but don't know for sure...

That I can't help you with, as I have never kept that species before. Try looking online for an image of what he is?

- MantisGirl13

it looks for me as a Hierodula membranacea. it is totally green and looks my mantis

4608l.jpg

This pic you can see it has a different color inside his frontlegs. this is a hierodula majuscula. I would love to have one of these someday.