Ooth hatching time

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinsWither

Reaction score
What is the longest time it has taken for an ooth to hatch? My orchid ooth is supposed to hatch and I did check the ooth and it hasn't dried out yet nor has it looked infertile. 

What is the longest time it has taken for an ooth to hatch?
If from any species, that would be a Brunner's Mantis (Brunneria borealis) ooth for me where the nymphs slowly hatched. After I received the ooth, it was 175 days for the first to hatch and the last nymph was at 337 days.

My shortest time was a Egyptian Pygmy mantis (Miomantis paykullii) ooth that hatched in 7 days - which obviously was incubating before I got it. ;)

Guys I just cut my ooth to check it. All of it infertile :'(.... I feel horrible now 
Sorry to hear that, it is a disappointment for sure besides waiting and the ooth cost. Are the eggs simply clear, or bad and turning colors (I know some will even stink)?

Clear, only one egg looked like it was developing. Actually my females laid those infertile ooths. Buttttt my female I remated her and she’s laying one currently!

If from any species, that would be a Brunner's Mantis (Brunneria borealis) ooth for me where the nymphs slowly hatched. After I received the ooth, it was 175 days for the first to hatch and the last nymph was at 337 days.

My shortest time was a Egyptian Pygmy mantis (Miomantis paykullii) ooth that hatched in 7 days - which obviously was incubating before I got it. ;)
My longest incubation was a Tenodera S. @ 7 Wks. I have never hatched any ooth later . That being said I have an ooth rite now just over 8 wk's that I am waiting on .

The quickest was also a Miomantis Paykulii ( Egyptian Pygmy ) 17 days from the day laid , very fast ........ S

Latest posts