Our Setup

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sufistic

Reaction score
Here's our setup. Not much space since we're living in an apartment.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great.
Many thanks Rick. Based on your posts, we learnt that simple works best. We don't use any substrate, heater, chiller, what have you. If room temperature and humidity levels in the US just works without any extra effort, then Singapore's natural climate shouldn't pose a problem.

Looks great to me! Just make sure the toxo nymph has plenty of room to shed. ;) She looks rather large.
Many thanks Andrew. Notice the two large plastic containers on the top shelf? The toxos are in there. Ample space and fake plants in there for them to feel that no one's looking at them.

Good. I still can't get over that toxo nymph of yours. Just stunning! I showed the pics to the entomologist that I work with at a museum and he was also in disbelief!

Good. I still can't get over that toxo nymph of yours. Just stunning! I showed the pics to the entomologist that I work with at a museum and he was also in disbelief!
Yeah we still can't get over it too. I'm guessing the entomologist would love to get his hands on one?

As would every other mantid keeper over here. :lol:
Haha yeah. We're not giving up yet. Frequent trips to Malaysia if time permits. If we get lucky, we'll send some to the US for culturing.

where do you get the square sponge thing, looks like those long lasting type of sponge, I'm planning for similar set up since I have yet to have any proper set up at the moment :)

where do you get the square sponge thing, looks like those long lasting type of sponge, I'm planning for similar set up since I have yet to have any proper set up at the moment :)
Hey bro, we buy a large piece from a general supplies store and cut them up to smaller pieces.

Shaik, your setup is so much more orderly than mine! :blink: :lol:
Haha thanks but you have a whole room for your bugs!

Hey where you get the squarish containers?
Hey, we got those at NTUC Fairprice Xtra. Comes in threes and cost $3.50 SGD.

photo1-2.jpg

We cut a big hole on the lid and put a mesh for ventilation:

photo2-2.jpg

A smaller hole on the side for inserting food:

photo3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts