phasmids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phasmid are considered VERY INVASIVE PESTS. They can breed with and without a male. Soon after maturation, a female phasmid can drop 10 - 20 eggs evey week and they hatch several months later. If accidentally released into the wild, it will cause agricultural industries a lot of trouble.

OH!, But we have them here don't we? And if you buy them for a pet, like say a mantis, don't you have the same risk (also, say b o y and g i r l) of them being let loose? But really I do not think that is why they won't sell. I think it's the price of shipping, which I believe the buyer pays anyway, even though they quote shipping charges (but for their areas).

Phasmid are considered VERY INVASIVE PESTS. They can breed with and without a male. Soon after maturation, a female phasmid can drop 10 - 20 eggs evey week and they hatch several months later. If accidentally released into the wild, it will cause agricultural industries a lot of trouble.
that's why everyone loves then so much!!