Precarious

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenOasis

Reaction score
Received two packages in two days from Precarious and I am pleased! Packaged as well as a professional breeder. First package was a Gambian ooth...hopefully, the weather during shipping will have cooperated and I'll have a bunch of fine babies soon! Second package was a freebie that he forgot to put in the first package! ;) :innocent:

Precarious is a great person who is always more than willing to help out with even the most mundane issues. I will enjoy doing more business with him as well as maintain a wonderful new friendship!

THANKS!

-Carey Kurtz-

Green Oasis Reptiles

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a marvelously packaged, healthy and hearty group of Gambian spotted-eye flower nymphs. Not only was I very impressed with how well Precarious packaged his shipment, but also his cordiality and willingness to assist with the followup care of the nymphs. He rivals a seasoned professional in the handling and shipping of his mantises. It was a pleasure to meet with him through the Forum and find a very helpful mantis buddy and new friend. I'd highly recommend him to anyone to purchase from Precarious because he never disappoints. Our transaction involved a coast-to-coast delivery and Precarious went above and beyond the usual obligatory requirements in shipping these nymphs safely and with great care so that each one arrived unscathed and ready to settle into their new home. Thank you, Precarious for your generosity, friendship, and willingness to share your nymphs and knowledge and experiences through your breath-taking videos, photos, and detailed and helpful discussions!

Charlene

West Coast

Wow, thank you both for the positive feedback! I hope I can make everyone that happy. :)

Hello,

I just received a package from Precarious today. As Charlene said below, he really took great care to ensure they were well packed. When I asked him to mail the package on Wednesday, I had forgotten that there was no mail delivery on Thursday. Precarious made the decision to hold off shipping them to me. It's been great dealing with him! I've also enjoyed exchanging emails with him and hope to do business again in the spring if he continues to sell.

Tammy

Yep. I got a pair of ooths, promptly dispatched and well wrapped. One thing that I like very much is to get ooths like these that were keyed to the date when they were laid.

The outer wrapping for these was newspaper. My preference is for the comic pages, but these were from the sports section. They did have some interesting girls' basketball scores, though.

Update, 120610. First ooth hatched. Ten nymphs!

I just realized I never left Precarious any feedback from the deal we made for a dubia starter colony months ago! (I'm sorry Precarious. Can you forgive me?) Anyhow, he sent me a bunch of dubias, plenty to start a colony with. Babies, adolescents, and adults all packaged in a very creative way and they had plenty of food and water crystals to sustain them on their journey. I didn't have one single fatality in transit! He's an awesome dude and is very generous by nature with a true love for these little guys. You can always expect good things!

Precarious is more them just a great guy, he is honest and caring. Went above and beyond to make me happy and secure about my purchase.

He first over charged me for shipping by complete mistake, and payed me back by paypal right away.

He then added in an extra bonus nymph to help ease the problem before I could even reply to him from work. When my two ghost ooths and 2 gambian nymphs arrived I mounted them to a lid and then went to put the babies into a well misted tub. One of them was so active I almost lost it. The other was what apeared to be shy and still on the paper...so I placed the paper ine the cup with the other nymph on my finger. Once both were in the deli tub, I added some fruitflys to help ease their hunger from the trip. I took the time to watch them while we were emailing back and forth, as well as I had a ton of live shipments arrive all day. And noticed that the active one was not willing to eat and the other one wouldn't move at all. I then noticed without getting my new glasses yet that the still one was molting. I started to send another email to Precarious while moving the nymph into an up-side-down state on a twig. It was done molting before I could even finish the email. It then seemed to be healthy and moved to the top of the tub's lid.

Precarious was so kind to keep emailing me back and we had a great conversation while I started to unpack the other shipments.

He also has a great sense of humor and I can't say enough great things about him.

I am quite choosy as to who I buy or trade with and I know that I will deal with him again in the future. He is a one in a million type of person to deal with.

I highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of something he has.

Harry

I bought a gambian ooth from Precarious and it came perfectly shipped. He was quick answering emails and questions. He's a great seller and I would definitely deal with him again. Thanks Precarious!

My Gambian ooth from Precarious hatched yesterday! 16 healthy, active little nymphs!

The note that was enclosed with the ooth said: Should hatch by 12-14-10...it hatched one day earlier! Can't do much better than that! ;)

I will definitely be ordering from Precarious again in the future...thanks, man!

-Carey Kurtz-

Green Oasis Reptiles

Mantis Pets

Hi just recieved my shipment today.very happy about the proffessionalism that precarious shows in all that he does.You can bet i'll order from him in the future.

I received a Gambian ooth yesterday, on the day that Precarious said it would arrive. I had a small scare because it didn't come with the mail even though it was sent USPS Priority. Precarious was quick with a response to my panicked emails, and was great with easing my worries. Then a second delivery came that day (due to the holidays and the huge amounts of mail) and I ran outside to my mailbox to get it and ran back inside where I opened it right away. It was packaged wonderfully, with the ooth nestled safely inside.

But not only was the ooth in wonderful condition upon arrival, but Precarious has also become a great friend. He's a kind, caring, all around great guy! He told me all about how to care for the ooth and the nymphs once they hatch. But he also gave me advice on how to care for the nymphs I already have. I hope to continue this friendship, and I will certainly be looking up Precarious the next time I'm looking to buy more mantids. I highly recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Thank you so much for all your help and for the beautiful ooth, Precarious! I'm looking forward to my 10-16 little Gambian nymphs on January 20th. ;)

A little late but he deserves the feedback. I purchased 6 L1 Ghost mantids from Precarious late November (he game me 9 for same price just in case). I received them promptly and the packaging was great heat pack and all. Six of the 9 survived ultimately so I got what I paid for in the end. Kudos for the extra. He definitely puts customer satisfaction over money, and I would definitely buy from him again. He has a great passion for mantids which you can see through his awesome HD videos.

Thanks again Precarious.

Yep. I got two more ooths in what I understand some folks in the know call a "smuggler's pack!
:lol: That is an ooth wrapped in the same material as the packing paper. It is a method that I like. Wow, Precarious, you have a little factory going there, don't you!
:D

just received a great package from Henry, great packaging and wonderful mantis, with extra! Make me feel like I have taken advantage of him from this trade. Thanks Henry!

UPDATE: My ooth hatched out 12 beautiful little nymphs today!

UPDATE: All but one of my nymphs have died.

Fantastic! I got my Pseudoharpax Virescens in perfecto condition! Mantids are very healthy and active and are eating very well. Received over night shipping as requested. Thanks, Mucho appreciato! :D

I received my Express Mail package today at 10:26 AM w/o a hitch. It took less about 24 hours from beginning of the journey to the end. The Mantids (Ghosts of Adult and L-5 stages) were quite healthy upon arrival and there were even two flies left in one container. Henry did a great job of the simplest packing with newspaper. The containers, where there would be a question, were clearly marked for indentification. There was no heat pack necessary for such a time of the year and duration in route. The weight of the package, therefore was light and I am so happy to have the Ghosts in my possession. I am grateful to Henry for the opportunity to keep these P. paradoxa for my breeding. Thanks Henry, I will be looking forward to doing business again.

Great ghosts. All packed well and arrived safe. Great communications throughout and a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend this member.
biggrin.gif

I just received a very well packed package from Precarious. All occupants are alive and well. All my females will now be more than happy with there new mates. :wub: I will be doing business with him again! :) Thank-you!

Paul

Latest posts