Redmont

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redmont

Reaction score
Hi everyone I figured I may as well introduce my self hear, I primarily post on arachnoboards and roach forum, I currently keep different beetle speces and 20 to 25 different roach species. I joined this forum to answer any roach questions in the arthropod sub forum. I may post things up for sale as well. I also will be launching  a website next summer

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have lots of roaches. That's awesome. Do you plan on getting any praying mantises anytime soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have lots of roaches. That's awesome. Do you plan on getting any praying mantises anytime soon?
I'm trying to do a trade with a few people for some orchids or Indian flower mantis. The main thing that puts me off from keeping them is high maintenance, and not that long of a life span  

I'm trying to do a trade with a few people for some orchids or Indian flower mantis. The main thing that puts me off from keeping them is high maintenance, and not that long of a life span  
That is true. Its up to you, but it might be better to try out easier species first before harder ones like orchids. But if you want to try orchids go for it. There are several mantis species that don't have high maintenance as well. But it is true that mantises are overall harder to keep then other things like roaches, specifically in their dietary needs. :D

Probably so but I like orchids and flower mantids, I have experience with tarantulas, roaches, assassin bugs and rhino beetles and flower beetles, so I think I have enough experience to keep them.

Latest posts