Repashy Superfly Culture Media

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieQuake111

Don't Sass Me
Reaction score
Anyone know how effective this stuff is? Any tips would be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/Repashy-SuperFly-Sizes-17-6-500g/dp/B00IOZBGD8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=22X8CKV774D0G&keywords=repashy%2Bfruit%2Bfly%2Bculture&qid=1644714382&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=repashyfruit%2Bfly%2Bculture%2Cpets%2C212&sr=1-1&th=1

Screenshot 2022-02-12 4.09.25 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know thanks.
I find a significant difference in number of flies produced by mantisplace (more than repashy) but no difference in generation time

repashy is more user-friendly, it's just a matter of mixing some hot water and the powder to the right consistency and bam!

I find a significant difference in number of flies produced by mantisplace (more than repashy) but no difference in generation time

repashy is more user-friendly, it's just a matter of mixing some hot water and the powder to the right consistency and bam!
How exactly do you use the mantisplace’s mix?

Do you think that would work with the repashy?
It would work just fine but the repashy already has brewer's yeast in it so that ingredient wouldn't be necessary. You could still try mixing the molasses and seeing how it compares with the average repashy. Ultimately I'd just try out repashy alone first and see if that suits your needs. If you have a small collection, you won't need an abundance of flies. 

Wheres the most cost effective place to get Fruit fly cups? Mantis place? Josh's frogs on amazon have 20, 32 oz fabric lid cups for 22.99