Show Us Your Enclosures and Houses

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugmeso

Reaction score
I searched what I could to see if there was another thread on this. But I would be interesting (to me) and no doubt others about enclosures and houses. I have an enclosure on order but keep getting the run around on when it's coming. I am using a cylinder type habitat right now.

Here is mine, thought I would go and take a pic. Also one of the mantis, just gave it a cricket. Does not seem to go for the flies I bought or caught.

DSCF1226.JPG

DSCF1227.JPG

Devonte cut a big hole in the lid and use hot glue and cover with mesh.... Or use rubber mesh and rubber band.... You really need mesh at the highest point as this is more likely to be chosen place to moult....

Add kitchen roll or whatever substrate you using at bottom and your homes will be fine :)

And what type of store were purchased at. Not seeing this to be "me" friendly to find.

I've scavenged... You can get 10 gallon glass tanks at Petco/Petsmart for around $12 or as little as half that when they are on sale. The deli style cups (I have 8, 16, and 32 oz), can be bought by restaurant/deli supply stores or mantid/reptile sites. If you go with the restaurant/deli angle you'll have to modify the lids for ventilation. I bought those in bulk and then bought a lot of lids from mantid/reptile sites.

The gumball/fish-bowl style containers I found at www.neatlysmart.com (aka U.S. Plastics). Just don't buy very many at a time because their shipping calculator is messed up. Stick to 2 or 3 skus and keep the total under about 50 units; if you go over you'll see shipping jump from like $20 to $150. If you try them be sure to watch out for that. We ended up placing two orders back to back to keep the shipping reasonable. Again you'll have to modify the lids if you use anything like this.

Thank you, I was referring to the live plants. I stop to some crickets at Petco and picked up some plants for reptile enclosures but they are plastic. I got my new enclosure and found the 18" X 18" X 18" is way to big. But it is what it is now ;)

Latest posts