Small Pet Feeders

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickfraser

Reaction score
I received an order of silkworm eggs and chow in a trade for some mantids. Super fast shipping with tracking. I can't wait to fatten these babies up. MANY THANKS!

Update: Silkworms have started hatching and chowing down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received another order of silkworm eggs and extra chow to hold me over until the spring when I will have fresh mulberry leaves. Great communications, throughout, and also included some free super worms. They are HUGE! "I'll be back." :D

F-!!! Ordered from smallpetfeeder.com on 3/20/12. My order didn't come until 4/2/12. I had emailed them and told them that I needed the blue bottles ASAP and they had told me that they would go ahead and put some ready to lay eggs in my batch so that I would have them ready to hatch when they arrived. He also stated that he would give me some worms or something to feed my mantids as an emergency. Well I not only didn't get anything I could feed to my mantids right away but ALL the BB Pupae was still FRESH. I LOST one of my mantids due to this company! My other mantid hasn't ate in more then a week and a half! BS service! and SLOW SHIPPING! Took him a week to email me back to tell me my address wasn't "working" with paypal. Half a month and NO FLIES! NO FOOD FOR MY MANTIDS! F-!

Original order was 6 fruit fly cultures. THere were no "Right side up" markings on the package so all but one culture survived the trip. The rest drowned, suffocated and had spoiled.

Said he would send out a replacement order on 02/27/12.

Asked me to paypal him 1 dollar so he could get my shipping address (Which makes no sense since he already had the address) :huh:

It is 04/18/12 now and still no replacement after several messages and he is no longer responding.....

Seller is dishonest if anything....Would not recommend to anyone.

Dishonest, Trans-Am? You mean kind of like telling me you're sending me L2-L3 mantis's in trade, and when they get here they may be BARELY L2 if not L1. I'm sorry your Fruit Fly Cultures didn't make the trip, but I think I was equally disappointed by what I received from you in trade. Out of my good heart though, I thought I sent you a package out with 1/2 lb of mulberry chow and 1500 silkworm eggs at the end of March, but the more I look for it I think I made a mistake. I've really been swamped with work, kind of the consequence of running an operation with a single man. If you never received that replacement package, let me know and we'll get you some silkworm eggs and mulberry chow, even though that was not what our original trade was for.

I'd also like you to note that I offered to replace your fruit fly cultures immediately, but you declined, saying you don't need them anymore. Is it really fair to me to change up the trade just because your situation has changed? I would still like to get you out your silkworm eggs and chow, I've just been busy and on vacation in Florida, which was quite nice actually but it's been all catch up since then. Sorry I haven't had the time I usually like to devote to returning personal messages, my availability has been touch and go lately.

And Stevie, there were several things you could feed your mantis while awaiting shipment, so I have a hard time accepting responsibility for its death. I spoke to Rebecca at Mantis Place, and she agrees that your mantids could have eaten a lot of other things found locally if he was starving. And we sent your an email as soon as you ordered, asking for address verification because Rebecca was having a hard time entering your address into USPS. That is what held your order up for a week. We finally were able to remedy the problem and we got your pupae out. As far as I know, Rebecca only sends out the most fresh of pupae, so it's strange if you had issues with it. I believe I also offered you a credit towards your next order for your trouble as well, and even now that offer stands. Please contact me if we can make it right with you.

I spoke to Rebecca at Mantis Place, and she agrees that your mantids could have eaten a lot of other things found locally if he was starving. And we sent your an email as soon as you ordered, asking for address verification because Rebecca was having a hard time entering your address into USPS. That is what held your order up for a week. We finally were able to remedy the problem and we got your pupae out. As far as I know, Rebecca only sends out the most fresh of pupae, so it's strange if you had issues with it.
So small pets is just the middleman? That could explain shipping delays if the items are not on hand or in house.

Some things, as it's the best way to offer the freshest of items like house fly and blue bottle fly pupae. It's really directly from the supplier, and usually works out great for everyone. Sometimes there are issues, but Small Pet Feeders is more intended to be a Feeder Marketplace, a place where you can go for just about anything and find a few things you didn't know you were looking for. We work with several different suppliers, and like to keep as much as possible in house, but certain things are better to just have shipped out directly from the farmer, like fly pupae and bulk crickets. Other things like butterworms, phoenix worms, even hornworms, are all in house stock.