Sphodromantis eggbinding?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digisantiago

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

I have a female that was bred with my male over a month ago, once she was old enough to do so. She looks super gravid, still moving around, but she has just refused to lay her ooth. Is the genus just very picky about where to lay their ooths? Is there something I can do to make her more likely to finally lay? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Santiago

Last edited by a moderator:
Your probably right. But she could be looking to lay and just not comfortable. If she doesn't lay soon then she probably is eggbound. I have tried many things but haven't found a way to help them. 

Give her an abundance of places to lay, in a large cage. Sticks of all different thicknesses, fake leaves, etc. Keep it humid, warm, and keep her very well-hydrated. 

- MantisGirl13

I actually posted once in a post about maybe them not having wind blowing could be a factor. Yen laughed and said he didn't think so. But I still wonder, as outside the air will blow and they do sway like the wind is blowing......

Latest posts