Telodeinopus aoutii

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypoponera

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a batch of these guys about a year ago. Very cool colors. I have the standard green color as well as a tannish color morph. Unfortunately, the tan specimens were well dug in when I decided to take photos. They run 6-7 inches long and are quite active, but they are proving to not be great to handle. They release defensive fluid at the drop of a hat. But oddly, they don't coil up very often or for very long.

URL%5D

Very nice, this has got to be one of my favorite species of millipede in the hobby, just cause of their aboreal behavior and striped legs. Hope they breed for you! :)

Oddly, they don't seem terribly interested in climbing. I have provided wood that reaches the wire mesh lid. But I have neveer seen them on the lid. Most of my "non-arboreal" species like to explore the lid. These striped olives just hang out at the base of the logs.

Perhaps it's because they so readily release defensive chemicals that they do not feel the need to curl up long for defensive reasons?

Oddly, they don't seem terribly interested in climbing. I have provided wood that reaches the wire mesh lid. But I have neveer seen them on the lid. Most of my "non-arboreal" species like to explore the lid. These striped olives just hang out at the base of the logs.
Huh, very interesting, thought they'd be much more active. Well, keep us updated on these beauties, really hope they breed for you! :)

Oh man, great species to have in the hobby! I'll have to get a few of those at some point when they get breeding well and become more available.

Latest posts