The Mantis Team

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Lady

Reaction score
Today my new addtions to my mantis family arrived healthy: 2 unsexed ghosts and hierodula membranacea female.

I have made their homes ready and fed the new guys. The ghosts grabbed their fruitfies fast and for the hierodula  was only 1 fly ready to be eaten, so i fed her grasshopper abdomen. It was still too big to grab it herself. Handfeeding her was easy,  she grabbed out of my tweezers fast when she tasted it :p all bellies are full.

H-mem1.jpg

I like the stripes on her legs. I hope she will keep those. I need to think about a good name for her.

H-mem2.jpg

I tried to take a picture of 1 of the ghosts. this blurry thing shows one of them:

ghost2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I  am going to take a picture of one of my new ghosts. It was surprising me it wasn't that bad at all for a small creature like a L2 ghost.

ghost2-1.jpg

And its antennea are moving really fast it ended in a blur :p

ghost2-2.jpg

Think I am going to call it spooky. That name fits a male or female. It is cute

Hmm, what can you name the other one? I am sure you will think of a great name!

- MantisGirl13

Maybe a ghosty name or just "Ghosty" doesn't not show what gender they are, you can help me to show their genders when they are l4 ;)

Spooky molted last night. It is a lot bigger than Ghosty. I think he will be having a big appetite tomorrow because his abdomen is flat.