The Silkworm Shop/The Fruit Fly shop. buyfruitflies.com

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lan

Reaction score
bought an $8 32 oz. hydei culture. very fast shipping! i ordered on sunday night right before midnight and the order arrived on tuesday! i love how they ship the flies and medium in separate containers so they don't drown in the medium during rough usps shipping. will definitely buy from them again!

Have to agree, they are the best place i've ordered from yet and yeah, the flies seperate from the medium is a big plus!!! :D

I got some cultures and some mite paper. Everything came fine and very fast.

They give you loads of starter flies and the packaging is amazing. I will buy from them again.

Ordered from them for the first time. Bought two kinds of fruit flies. I ordered flies only. I received two containers packed full with thousands of flies. Very pleased.

Yep, these are one of the most professional and consistently good ff companies around, and if you buy the flies only, one of the cheapest. I have used them for a long time and should have mentioned them before.

Yes, I've ordered from them several times, both the ff cultures and the ff's only. I wasn't impressed at all with their ff cultures... but their ff's only deal is the best! Just make sure you transfer them into your own cup with plenty of medium fairly soon. I put it off a couple times and had all of them die overnight due to lack of food (after having them about 4 days, and keeping them in the little cups they come in, with just enough food to tide them over until you get them). But these guys have saved me several times! ;)

Another great transaction from this vendor.

I got an order of "ffs only" from them today. Well packed and two day delivery from CA as usual. What was special was that I was late in ordering on Wednesday. Their order deadline for the week is 11a.m. Wednesday, and I didn't order until 11:55 and added a note saying that my nymphs would really appreciate them being sent out that day. I got a quick reply back saying that they had done just that. A good company to do business with!

Saw that people had been getting favorable results from this place ordering "FF Only" so I decided to give them a try! Each container was packed with fruit flies (D. Hydei - if it makes a difference, these are not golden) and shipping was fast too, will buy from again!

Ordered two types of fruit flies. I ordered flies only instead of cultures. Hydei flies arrived fine, but about half of the melangasters were dead due to the heat. I had enough to make a culture though. I've bought from these guys in the past and would continue to do so.

Purchased mels and hydeis only, no cultures. The hydeis were dead upon arrival. I emailed them and they stated it was too hot for their live arrival guarantee. Weather was fine when I placed the order however. But they still sent out replacement. The weather was much milder when the new hydei came in but one container of them was dead. I still had enough to make three cultures. In my opinion they wrap the containers too tightly with newspaper. But they made it right and I would order from again.

Latest posts