Urgent - ooth hatching currently

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunSizedZoo

Reaction score
I got an error message on the last post so I apologize if this is a double post. 

My Chinese Mantis Ooth started hatching about 4 hours ago. 10 came out right away however, not a single one has come out since then. I’ve never had a t. sinesis ooth produce less than 100 mantids. Is it possible that there is a blockage? I had the ooth in a 72 degree environment but I’ve moved it to 82 degrees and misted the ooth itself very lightly with just one little spritz. Not sure what else to do right now. My instinct was to cut the sucker open, but I resisted as I assumed that was absolutely the wrong thing to do. Any help is appreciated. 

@MrGhostMantis thank you for the quick reply. I def wasn’t planning to actually cut it open as I know that’s so dumb hahaha. Gotcha, that is what I was hoping for to be honest. I’ve raised plenty of mantids but this is my first time breeding so I’m still on my first dozen ooths and haven’t had any delayed hatches yet. I always leave the ooths for a couple of weeks just in case but this is the first time I’ve noticed such a delay. Thank you again for getting back so quick. Should I keep them extra warm? Or should I move them back to the low 70’s environment? 

Latest posts