Wahlbergii.. why do that?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimpaunik

Reaction score
Why does one of my bergii´s do this sometimes?

walking to the target and butcher it, and then just sits there .

That's an easy one; he's not hungry! Adult males, like many mantis species, don't eat nearly as much as the females, who are "eating for two" or a hundred or whatever. :D

Hah. I've noticed this too with a few different species; I think there are two main reasons:

1) Some are just really territorial (especially adult females). They'll attack and shred nearly anything in their enclosure, even when they're well fed.

2) Some refuse to eat very much, especially adult males. They'll just consume a tiny bit to keep themselves alive and super-slim-n-speedy to better escape her clutches!

Slow and determined :) like robots when food is present :) 4 months ago i got my first mantis.. Now i got 10 and totally hooked on this.. The first i do in the morning is check and mist. First i do after work.. Check.. And then i just sit there for hours haha :)

yeap, typical male! :p also, they do this when looking for water, give the boy a shower!
He looks pretty showered in the pic.

He also looks like a little kid who threw a fit and flung his toys around, and then sits there all sad trying to figure out what happened to his toys. Or maybe Lenny in Of Mice and Men with his dead mouse. "What happened to him, George?" Yes, I am anthropomorphizing. It's fun.

He looks pretty showered in the pic.

He also looks like a little kid who threw a fit and flung his toys around, and then sits there all sad trying to figure out what happened to his toys. Or maybe Lenny in Of Mice and Men with his dead mouse. "What happened to him, George?" Yes, I am anthropomorphizing. It's fun.
Haha :)

I have one male and one female. But the male is really aggressive, when i come near his box he punches the wall at me. And follows my every move. It's kind of fun but is this normal?? If he was my size he would kill me haha

Latest posts