Wally from Idaho

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randalwal54

Reaction score
 New to exotic mantids, but I’ve kept local species before when I was younger. I’m more into ants and building formicariums for my colonies. I have 5 ant colony’s and 5 turantulas currently. Also have a 30 gallon planted aquarium. If anyone else is from Idaho and wants to go catch insects I would be down to do that ! Also I’d love to get into mantids more I’ve always had a interest in them since I was young. I’d always let them go in my house for spider control and hide them in my desk at school. I was always the big kid growing up. My mom always brings it up lol she never minded :). I appreciate the add to the forum and hope to learn as much as I can about various species. Thanks guys and gals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!  Do you have any exotic mantids now or are you looking to get some?  What species?

Hello Wally and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

Sounds like you have a little "zoo" already underway. What kind of tarantulas do you have?

I have a Curlyhair (Brachypelma albopilosum), and a Chilean rose tarantula (Grammostola rosea). Not to mentioned many other arachnids typically - Wolf spiders (Lycosidae), Vinegaroon (Mastigoproctus giganteus), and various species of jumping spiders (among other things too). ;)

Thanks everyone! As for my T’s I have my signature rose hair, two Brazilian pink zebra beauties, a dwarf pumpkin patch, as well as a Chaco golden knee. None are grown atm buton their way! When you buy them the size of your thumbnail it takes time haha you know this :D  

Thanks everyone! As for my T’s I have my signature rose hair, two Brazilian pink zebra beauties, a dwarf pumpkin patch, as well as a Chaco golden knee. None are grown atm buton their way! When you buy them the size of your thumbnail it takes time haha you know this :D  
Some amazing species, and a few I hope to add a few to my pets eventually. :) I've been looking to add a Dwarf Chile (Euathlus sp.) next, but is hard to find except when I can't afford it.

It does take them time to get any size from that small instar for sure. My Curlyhair (Brachypelma albopilosum) started off that size too, and 17 months since is nearing the 3" mark. ;)

Latest posts