whalbergii booboo?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

admin

waynejoss

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:13 pm Post subject: whalbergii booboo?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Just thought I'd ask a question about the habits of whalbergii mating. I put a female in with a male after 3 weeks as adults. He jumped on her back after a couple of days and stayed there for several more. Then one morning I found them apart. I took her out, but as I wasn't sure they had mated I put her back in and again he jumped on her back and stayed there for a couple of days. Unfortunatey I woke up one morning and found the female devouring the male. Is it likely he mated successfully because she layed an ooth the day after she had eaten him?

conway

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im pretty sure as she didnt "Devour" him straight away, sorry for your loss but it happens but look forward to [hopefully] new born babies

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: whalbergii booboo?

waynejoss wrote:

Hi

Just thought I'd ask a question about the habits of whalbergii mating. I put a female in with a male after 3 weeks as adults. He jumped on her back after a couple of days and stayed there for several more. Then one morning I found them apart. I took her out, but as I wasn't sure they had mated I put her back in and again he jumped on her back and stayed there for a couple of days. Unfortunatey I woke up one morning and found the female devouring the male. Is it likely he mated successfully because she layed an ooth the day after she had eaten him?

Yes, it is highly likley that they mated. Good luck with the hatchlings, hopefully