Why did no one tell me odontomantis can teleport?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erizo

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. Why did no one tell me odontomantis can teleport? Seriously these guys jump and bam, I've got no idea where they are. Any tips for keeping track of them? I don't take them out to handle like I do my other mantids, but I do have to open their enclosures for food/water sooooo...... please help lol Thanks!

Definitely not a species that you're going to want to be handling with much frequency, as you mentioned. The speed comes with being an ant mimic species. Try not to bother them too much while feeding or doing maintenance, but when feeding/cleaning smaller species or nymphs, I like to do it on a white surface so runaways are easily identifiable.

Definitely not a species that you're going to want to be handling with much frequency, as you mentioned. The speed comes with being an ant mimic species. Try not to bother them too much while feeding or doing maintenance, but when feeding/cleaning smaller species or nymphs, I like to do it on a white surface so runaways are easily identifiable.
Good idea! Will be doing so in the future. As flightly as they are I still love them so gotta keep track somehow lol. Thank you!!!

Eh, all mantises can teleport when they really want too. Too bad you can't put leashes on them (I mean you can try but good luck lol).