Why is my idolo not eating? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2137

Reaction score
Hi guys, my idolomantis diaboloica(female i think l4 or l5) is not eating!!! It has been 9 days since she has eaten. It might molt but since it's been such a long time, I got worried. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

What are you feeding it?

Have you tried to hand feed it?

Will it eat honey off a toothpick?

Most of the time if my idolo doesnt eat i just switch up food, my male went off roaches for days but took a mealworm from forceps in 2 seconds flat

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you feeding it?

Have you tried to hand feed it?

Will it eat honey off a toothpick?

Most of the time if my idolo doesnt eat i just switch up food, my male went off roaches for days but took a mealworm from forceps in 2 seconds flat
+1 Any of mine that refused to eat have taken a different prey item almost instantly. I have had one stubborn guy who I had to hand feed honey to so he could regain strength (he was crawling not walking) after 3 days of lots of honey and water he took a cockroach from forceps (that I cut in half, pressed the gooey bit to his mandibles)

I fed tried feeding it a moth, blue bottle flies, and honey. I put it to it's mouth and it ate a little and just swatted it away.

I keep the temps from 75- 90 degrees fahrenheit. At night time it is around 75 degrees fahrenheit.

Mine did this. I kept her warm and hydrated at all times with at least one house fly in there during the day then at night I'd remove the fly if she didn't eat and put one back in in the morning. Hopefully she's about to molt. Even after mine molted It took me awhile to realize it because the moss was the exact color as her exoskeleton!

Latest posts