AES bugshow

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian

Reaction score
Would just like to confirm date and location of the AES bugshow this year:

1st october 2005 (as usual, always first weekend in october)

Held in Kempton Park Racecourse

a map available here: http://www.amentsoc.org/map.htm

1 mile from M3

8 miles from M25

35 minutes from central London

25 minutes to Heathrow

40 minutes to Gatwick

This year, is held in the premier suite in the expeditions halls.

Any more info, email me, or check out the AES website, at http://www.amentsoc.org

Cheers,

Ian

And for anyone going I would also like to tell you my birthday is October 2nd!!! so a gift woule be nice after you buy yourself everything at the show lol jk.

It's so darn annoying, i'll be at bristol uni on that day! Any chance of hitching a ride to my home town london from bristol? Need to see how much i spend on alcohol during fresher's week :D :D

Shall be there me thinks, haven't been to anything like that in a while so will try not to miss this one.

Dave

So back to the *IMPORTANT TOPIC*...my birthday!!! October 2nd a day after the show!!! lol jk I'm just really bored at 3 am lol.

no worries ian, it's the thought that counts! Although no harm asking, could save me a hefty amount of money! I'll be at bristol uni (town centre?)...i didn't know bristol was only 5 minutes drive from bath? I wouldn't know a thing, been here in london since i was a wee(ing) thing.

I guess i have to take the train to london and get back to bristol before the evening for more fresher's week shenanigans! Or i can just stay at home...and be sober.

Been there for the past 4 years (well i missed 2004). so excited.

Anyone here or anyone know anyone who is going to be selling there? If so, what may be on offer?

Dave

yep.

Joseph rogers, Karen Baker, Virginia Cheeseman, Graham Smith, Martin Goss, David Kowal (entomental) the PSG, some random French guy with loads of stock, and many others. Well worth the visit :)

Cheers,

Ian

Ah good, me needs some brief and potentially strong words with the lovely K Baker (well within reason to!), other than that a good lineup i see, hopefully will be able to rebuild my stock from the visit.

Anyone making a bit of a shopping list to look out for when they go? There are a few that i'm definately in need of again, PW's, Orchids, may start keeping the various Hierodula species, haven't kept any of them in a very long time now, well, let's hope there's lots that santa come bring me home early :D

Dave

lol...no shopping list, I was thinking this year of just stealing a sainsburys trolley, and sweeping every stand I see with mantids, you know, im not to picky :p I fear my bill will be high though...last year, when I got chatting to martin, he got me into triple figures :cry: lol

Yeah, KB is great, met her last year, what a fantastic woman! Or in the words of Matt Lucas...oh she were geeooorrgousss!!

Cheers,

Ian

Unfortunately, you share a different opinion to her than I do, fair enough though :p

I like your trolley idea, care to organize a mass mantis trolley dash? Lol, how funny would that be, bowling people all over the place just to grab some bugs....

*Dave starts designing a jet propelled trolley* :twisted:

wow, that sounds really cool. I''l have to sort out travel so I'll take the train down. Be really interesting to meet some of you guys so hope I see you. I'll have to do some work to fill my wallet with money for that lol!

Well I guess I'll maybe see you lot there.

Cheers Cameron.