Mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arachnids

Reaction score
What mantis species are good begginers? I am thinking about buying some mantids,but they all sound hard to keep....if you have mantids for sale that are good for begginers let me know.

What mantis species are good begginers? I am thinking about buying some mantids,but they all sound hard to keep....if you have mantids for sale that are good for begginers let me know.
Well, my first mantids were chinese mantids, they are fairly easy to raise and don't require any "significant" heating changes as they are acustomed to U.S. weather.

all mantis ar relativel easy except the species that need really high heating arrangments

My first Mantis is a Giant Asian Mantis - Hierodula species, he is very timid, will walk onto your hand and is not aggressive. He is just a Nymph at the moment.

My first mantis was an african species,they are fairly easy to raise and don't mind being handled. and not too expensive.