phyllocrania paradoxa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samzo

Reaction score
I know this has been addressed before but I don't have time to look at the moment. On www.mantisuk.com it says you can keep ghosts communaly. Is this true or is it just one of those things where if you give them a huge area with loads of food they might not kill each other? I was wondering seeing as i've got 2 coming next week.

Thanks

If you're only going to have two why risk it?

I was just wondering, i wasnt going to. For future reference, if I manage to breed them that is.

I don't know. I've heard you could keep them together. When I had them they were seperate.

it would be recomended from me if you keep them separate when young, i've lost 3 out of five in a community of ghosts by them eating each other. I dont think any mantids are communal so far, i've had violins eat each other, and grass mantids eat each other. thats just my opinion. I do think you can keep ghosts 2gether when L4 or older, unless they are on a diet of big bugs like mine are, then keep them separate.

Joe

Hi,

Well trying to breed these right now so put them in same container.

The male walked onto the front of the female and the female snapped at him but didn't hurt him.

So maybe a little dodgey.

Cheers, Cameron.

Latest posts