Aggresive mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*RYAN*

Reaction score
So I want to keep 2 different kinds of manitds at a time ... A exotic and/or pretty manitd, and a more aggresive fun mantid .. I have a grass mantid for the little calmer more exotic speices and I am wondering what type of manitd i should get for the more aggresive type I want somthing that will take down tough prey somthing that will go seek out its prey somthing medium or big in size ... any suggestions on the speicies I should get ?

My Chinese are pretty aggressive. Even to the point of biting me. :D

The small miomantis species are also quite handy.

Female African Mantis. Of course only aggressive towards it's food.

Parasphendale agrionina are moderately exotic looking and will eat any of the mantids mentioned on this board --only a few could even put up a good fight.

Parasphendale agrionina are moderately exotic looking and will eat any of the mantids mentioned on this board --only a few could even put up a good fight.
Well I wish mine were like that Orin. Slowest growing things I have ever kept.

I've never spoken to anyone not impressed by Parasphendale's voracity but maybe the nymphs you got were starved a bit before you bought or traded them which can make any mantis weak (most types just dead).

my african mantis keeps grabbing my finger and nibbles at it. what dose that mean? i have only had her for a week.

I suggest getting a Budwing, if you want an aggressive mantis. I've seen my little nymphs, dive bomb, tackle, and somersault before pinning down their prey. Very cute. :)

my african mantis keeps grabbing my finger and nibbles at it. what dose that mean? i have only had her for a week.
Maybe you should stop waving your finger in front of her :lol:

Well, I used to have a VERY vicous south carolina mantid my that my mom nicknamed Lucy. I had bought her at the pet store and she was constantly eating crickets, but she never tried to bite me, I could hold her all the time without being bitten. I eventualy found out she was viciously eating because she was pregnant.