Blue winged mantid

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Keeper

Reaction score
I'm wanting to know if anyone knows of a mantid with blue wings. Someone on another site I go to is wondering what species this is so if any of you could help me out (maybe list all species with blue wings or something) that would be nice. Oh, and I believe the answer is no, but I'm going to ask anyway, can the chinese mantis reproduce asexually? I don't think it can but I'm helping someone else. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sibylla pretiosa? There are a few specie i can think of with blue wings...It's fairly hard to pin down the specie you are talking about with just the wing colour.

To answer your second questions, no they can't.

Hi.

The only species I know with blue forewings is Metallyticus fallax - not in stock.

A little blueish may be the wings of Sibylla pretiosa (in stock), Sibylla dives (not in stock), Rhombodera basalis (frequently in stock) and some others. Blue is a rare color in mantids.

Regards,

Christian

depends which shade of blue it is, would turquoise considered to be blue?

This species had a blue 'tint' to the males wings, you cant see it well in this picture as it was with my old digital camera, but in the correct lighting, they were very bluish, as for an actual blue colour, it would be nice...

2835malemantis.jpg

Latest posts