ghosts into adulthood

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samzo

Reaction score
i have a ghost pair and I thought I had 1 adult female and 1 sub male.. but the male molted 2 weeks ago ish and NOW he is sub which sucks. anyway how long does a female adult live for?

Sam

21 views and no one can give me an estimate???? I know lots have kept p.paradoxa!

I guess it's just too hard to say Samzo. It varies so greatly, individuals, environment, food... All them are slightly different in every captive situation, the only way to get a real average for the species would be to track some wild ones throughout their lives, would be fun but ruddy hard :D

Treat her like any other, i've not really noticed much difference between species anyway, similar sized ones at least.

Dave

Hey Sam,

Under regular feeding (daily) and warm temp (>85F), most of my ghost female live for about 5-6 months. I am sure they can live longer when feed sparingly and keep in 70-80F conditions. However, I had one that live for 8 months and lay 14 oothecae.

So keep your male ghost warmer and feed him (force feed if neccesary) regularly. It should take him 3-4 weeks to molt. Also remember to keep him wet and humid (spray daily), that seems to increase my ghost's apetite too.

All the best

Ok thanks Yen, i was hopeing someone wasnt going to say 2 months lol Hopefully he'll molt soon and I can get some ooths :D