african or bud?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• parasphendale affinis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sphodromantis centralis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ibanez_freak

Reaction score
Hi,

Was wandering what everyone at the forum thinks of these two mantis. Which is best kept as a pet and which is more of a mantis to "observe". (Which has the best attitude :lol: )

Cheers, Cameron.

Well...

Am kinda wondering why it is that you "nominated" Sphodromantis centralis as the African species...

I mean, Sphodromantis lineola is far more common among breeders, then for instance S. gastrica, S. gestri, S. balachowski, S. centralis, ....

I would say S. lineola and P. agrionina are both equally agressive towards their prey; ànd equally active as well. Most important difference ( to me personally ! ) is that Parasphendale has to be kept warmer then Sphodromantis and I think Parasphendale is a far more attractive species with it's coloration, it's short wings ( females offcourse ) and bulky abdomen.

So Sphodromantis would be more ideal as a pet, since it requires lower temperatures and therefor might be easier to keep for beginning hobby-ists.

So far I like the Africans better. These budwings are growing SLOW.

Latest posts