Few things about Me

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frey

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Justyna, but most of you know me as Frey. I have been keeping and breeding mantids for 3 years now and advertising on MantidForum for nearly two. Mantids are my passion and most of my nymphs are bred by me. I also have a rabbit, two squirrels and a boyfriend, and we all live in a small apartment in Drozd, the fourth largest city in Poland.

I thank all those of you who have said nice things about me on the breeder's forum. Some of you have become friends as well and this makes me very happy. For those of you who have been less happy with me, I hope that Peter's comments ( http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18597&st=80 #24 ) have helped you to understand how international shipping works.

I am very sorry if some of your nymphs die in transit or if the US post Office loses your package, but some losses will happen and I don't think that I should pay for an error by your Post Office. Even so, I have made arrangements to make things OK with most of you when the mail was lost. Some folks want a refund, but that I cannot do. I have done my part of the bargain when I post the parcel. Most of my income comes from trading mantids because I am still in school, and I don't have much money left at the end of the month, but I do try to make things up to you when I can. Some of my friends who sell mantids in Europe think that it is crazy for selling nymphs to the US and getting so many rude, unhappy posts on the forum!.

I am the only European on the forum who does this I think, but if Americans want them, sometimes hard to find in the US and at a good price, and know what the problems and advantages are, I shall still offer them.

So I hope that this explains things to all you members and Forum Supporters! :)

Best regards,

Justyna

hi frey ,

that a touching lil story when have you once tried to make it up to anyone on here ? ,can i have the refund you owe me from march but keep ignoring the pms i sent you ?,i dont want a refund for dead mantis i want a refund for mantids i paid for and never got , im in europe and most my nymphs ive ordered from you arrive dead too so even though you send illegal mantids to america its not just that country that they arrive dead in ,you have no concern for the mantids you sell the only concern you have is who is the next idiot to top up your paypal account , so any chance of the refund you owe me from 3 months ago ? i like the way your a forum supporter now probably done so you wont get banned , your a very clever business woman ill give you that but your also a scammer and why anyone buys anything from you is beyond me

Mylo, I have the impression that you are flippant. Even the most frivolous. Repeat to insult me in every way possible, and attack all the time calling an impostor. As if this were not enough, you call people idiots who buy praying mantis, did he himself was an idiot if you bought a mantis? I do not understand why you insult other forum members. You told your story and frankly I do not want to comment because I have no time for that. A pack that you received from me in February, got packed as you wanted, has made you free, even insects. In my opinion you are ignorant because they do not understand the meaning of the word cheat. Commented on this issue a lot of people - if someone decides to buy mantis by air, for the purchase of ooths from nature, should be smart enough to know that this is associated with some risk. Nobody on the forum can not accuse me that I took someone's money and never sent him a package, after receiving the money I send is always purchased, or praying mantis ooths.

So I think that your way of understanding the word cheat is simply a sign of complaining and being frivolous. As for the license to sell mantis, I do not know if you know Mylo but it works in two sides: You also do not have authorization to buy mantis from me, if you insist here will put the relevant paragraphs of the law on animal imports and exports within the European Union . So tell me why you broke the law? Actually, nobody on the forum still has no power to wsyłkę insects to the U.S. and the U.S. to Polish. I am just in this case such permission should be within 3-4 months, you have something else to add?

Your post does not bring anything specific to this subject, I posted this on just to get closer to its forum members and the person that I try to show as I can but not everything can go my way. If you have any objections to Mr. Right, I invite you to PM, will prove to you in a very concrete way and you're breaking the law by buying anything from outside their country.

My apologize for my poor language but english is not my first languge.

thats another great story but can i have the refund you owe me please?

Story ?

That s are facts :)

No You cant get any refund couse I never got any extra cash from You , but if I m not wrong You ve got extra mantis for which You even told me "thank You".

So , dear Mylo, stop spamming couse it is bornig

invite you to PM , thats hilarious seeming you ignore every pm i send you , i want the refund for the 10 dwarf mantids i paid for and didnt get ? so whats the problem with issuing a refund?

if your going to remove the PM she sent saying she would send a refund delete the whole post not some of it admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever! Such a pretty LIE from a ugly business person. I will take 2 ghost ooths now. That is what was offered for the 3 that did not hatch that were "frozen" in transit. This was the explanation I was given. It's not dead nymphs. If better insulation had been used they should have been fine. But, alas, this was not a concern of yours. You would not even consider a lesser replacement! So...please send me the 2 ghost ooths as originally offered. I doubt you will, but I thought I'd ask to "make things right".

Here in the US, Frey, all shipments weighing less than 1 pound (2.2 kg) cost the same with priority mail. So, shipping cost for a .25 pound package has the same cost as shipping for a .99 pound package. Is it the same in Poland? If it is the same, could you put more insulation in your shipments? Or maybe you could charge more money for shipping.

You created this topic, Frey, so I'm going to let members raise their points. Of course, it is your choice to kill the discussion by not replying anymore. I will not tolerate too much abuse to your character, but a certain amount of discussion should be expected. I think our members do have a right to make their points about, for example, shipping oothecae and not giving the eggs a fair chance to arrive alive. This problem is easily corrected by adding more insulation to your shipments. It may not save the mantises, but it will save what exists of your reputation and ease customers' minds. Of course, I have never received a shipment from you so I can't speak from personal experience.

Let's try to be proactive in the spirit of improving your shipping methods. While I think many of your customers have been wrong in their arguments against you, and blamed you for shipping industry problems, I also think that your business future here depends on your being receptive (listening) to suggestions for improvement.

And other members, please consider that this is a very sensitive topic and a reasonable amount of respect should be exercised in your replies. Warn points, of course, will be issued for disrespect or personal attacks. Keep it on a business, not personal, level. Also, personal correspondence (copied PM's or emails) is not allowed.

I am very sorry if some of your nymphs die in transit or if the US post Office loses your package, but some losses will happen and I don't think that I should pay for an error by your Post Office.
You now have some adverts in the classifieds with 'Guarantee DOA' which I think means you will cover DOA, it might also be worth adding your above paragraph to your ads

I read guarantee DOA as a language confusion and that the intended meaning was that DOA would be covered. This contradicts

and I don't think that I should pay for an error by your Post Office.
That is confusing. Are DOA covered in the ads that say they are?

the language barrier isnt an issue its just an act , "thank you" why would i thank you for a free mantis when the ones i pay for arrive dead ,

"No You cant get any refund couse I never got any extra cash from You"

i paid you for 10 dwarf mantids and i never got them thats the refund i want your the liar not me

about the postal charges and charging more for better packaging or insulation ,

i caught her out when she was charging 7euro for postage and i went onto the polish postal website and the postage she was using cost 10zloty which is about 2.50€ , (regular post not priority)

the very 1st package i got had a 3zolty stamp on it and she charged me 6euro for "priority" when its just regular post with a priority airmail sticker on it and 3.20 zloty is 70 cent . shes ripping everyone off left right and center , 70 cent for priority shipping , i dont think so , thats why its taking 10 days to get to people another proof she has little interest in mantids and a huge interest in €€€

Hi, Jus! I read your nice post last night and then woke up with a mild case of conjunctivitis this morning and blearily read through the whimperings and yappings that followed. The Mylo thing was mildly funny I guess, but kinda repetitive. Since it was around freezing or below in Poland in March, when I guess that you made that shipment, and only a few degrees above that in much of Ireland -- folks could learn a lot from a good weather forecaster like Wunderground.com, couldn't they? -- I was surprised that 20% survived! It's a bit like betting on a horse at 29:1 and then demanding your money back when the horse doesn't win. "You never told me he might lose when you took my money!"

I don't see DOA in any of your ads anymore, but I did see the the four or five posts all explaining that it means dead on arrival in English. No comment on the "Price Damage" ad of our mutual friend though. They probably knew that it was a literal translation of "prix dommage". When I was a boy in England, we always made fun of the accents and linguistic gaffes of the "foreign kids", but most of us grew out of it by our mid teens.

One thing that didn't amuse me, though, was the implication, here and in previous posts, that you send dead mantises and pretend that they died in transit, so this is probably a good time to adress that. I know that after our discussion you decided not to bring it up on the Forum or notify Peter, but it seems appropriate to bring it up now, without naming names.

This is for those who believe or have helped create the "fake dead in transport nymphs" myth..

Earlier this year, in one of my regular Emails from Frey, I got a pasted message from what appears to be a chat forum, from a member to her and her reply. The sender invited her to help him with a "scam" -- he used the word a lot in the post. He had, he said, a pair of thistle mantids in his freezer that had died while molting. Could he send them to her and have her send them on to a customer? He would even provide addies of potentiial marks in the U.S. and even Poland (you overstepped the mark there a bit, mate!). and would split the loot. "I've never done this before, but I'm hard up for cash, right now." Following that was Frey's reply: "LOL I don't think so [silly person]". This strange post didn't make sense to her, though. Why would this guy ask her to do such a crazy (she used a different word) and dishonest thing? Did she understand it correctly? Should she report it? I told her what you have probably worked out already. He reckoned that she would commit to the scam in writing, and then he would triumphantly post it on the forum. So she was proven not to be a crook, but it is a sad thing that though he would have brandished the evidence of her guilt, he kept silent about the evidence of her honesty. Neither Frey nor I think that this was a particularly bad person, though certainly ethically challenged, and unlike some of you, she didn't make any accusations on the Forum. Learn from her.

O'K, Jus. I'm on my second cup of tea, and my eyes feel better already, so I shall post on our new agreement.

Instead of sitting on her siedzenie, Frey has been trying to come up with at least a partial solution to the nymph shipping problem, particularly in winter. She has been sending me ooths which I hatch and shall offer for sale, as well as some from my own ooths.. Both of the species that I offered yesterday were from her ooths -- what do some of you do, try to incubate them in the freezer? :lol: Oh yes, she can magically tell the difference between the gooduns and the baduns and only sends me and a few of her cronies [tserdezny przyjaciel, luv, but the machine won't give me the plural :) ] the former. I've heard that argument, too!

She will continue to sell nymphs and ooths as before, though, and if you see that she is offering something that you want, don't wait for me to offer it, I may never have that particular species. Frey is the only member who sends nymphs with such a high mortality rate, though I, and others here, have found very few deaths in the summer, but she is also the only European who ships them. Must be a coincidence!

That' it for now, luv, I'll Email you later and we can guess who got the most warning points! I hope that all the friendly posts that you receive on this thread will let you know what a truly warm and supportive Forum this is!

Phil i sent her a heat pack to post in with the mantids and it wasnt around freezing it was 12 degrees C it was the last week of march , also i paid for mantids i never got sent thats what i want the refund off not the other €70 euro worth of dead mantids i got in the PRIORITY post, so mind your own business as my issues with frey have nothing to do with you

Since I do not have much time now at this moment, I will just respond briefly. Shipping cost is calculated us on the weight in grams for each 50 - 100 gram difference is pretty significant price jump. Although I do not see a problem that start to use better protection. On the other hand, I do not know whether any protection can help and provide 100% survival of eggs in cocoons if they are staying about 10 days on the road. They are transported in the hold of the mail, not first class, and there is usually the temperature is not too high. Then there is the air pressure. In any case: it is not also so that she put the empty envelopes cocoons, cocoons were always wrapped in a thick layer of wool, newspaper, and only then were sent. In my opinion it makes no sense to use heatpacków - in Poland they are rare, since before the letter reaches from Lodz to Warsaw and from there, will fly to the U.S. goes about 48-72 h, no heatpack not keep the temperature in the package in such cases. As for DOA - I understand that this is simply a guarantee for a walk that insects live, if not - your money back.

Mylo write off the last time on your tales. Could you explain to me when I was 10 I sold you a mantis for 7 euros? Because you ask me constantly about 7 euros. I do not remember I had a dwarf mantis at 0.7 euros per pack and certainly not for you. In any case: spam is not needed because it brings nothing here, if you want to discuss it, write to PM.

I think that from now on people who wish to decide to buy a mantis in Europe should benefit from the EMS option, at best, a package comes in 3 -4 days. As for "cheaper" solution - is committed to selling insects L3 and improving packaging methods.

i ordered 5 dwarf mantis from u 1.50 each X 5 = 7.50 so wheres my refund ?

i ordered 5 dwarf mantis from u 1.50 each X 5 = 7.50 so wheres my refund ?
" paid you for 10 dwarf mantids and i never got them thats the refund i want your the liar not me "

Come'on PM here is not place for personaly disscusion .

i checked the pms it was 5 not 10 my mistake so are you going to refund me ? its only 7.50 but its my money and i want it back

Latest posts