Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sally

Reaction score
I am starting a thread for my mantid collection finally. I am not a photo expert so nothing fancy lol. Tenodera sinensis L2

Blepharopsis mendica

Stagmomantis californica He looks like he is flipping me off lol

next up Hymenopus coronatus

Idolomantis diabolica Rhombodera stalli Sweeny

Last edited by a moderator:
Some interesting looking mantises. Before this forum I never realized just how many species of mantids there are. They are all so unique. Some of them must be rather difficult to care for though tool I am lucky that the ones I have are so easily kept and maintained. Now all I've gotta do is figure out how to take decent pictures of them! LOL Good luck with all of your various species of mantids! ;)

Nice, Sally! I really like the little one flipping you off! :) And that first pic's adorable too, with the little Chinese peaking over your hand.

I want to make a thread like this someday, but I've only got two mantids right now... Anyway, looking forward to additions to your photo collection!

New Mantises 05/30/13 Theopropus elegans

Phyllocrania parodoxa

Deroplatys lobata

stagmomantis californica

Tenodera sinensis enjoying a butter worm

Idolomantis diabolica thinking very hard lol

New Mantises 05/30/13 Theopropus elegans

Phyllocrania parodoxa

Deroplatys lobata

stagmomantis californica

Tenodera sinensis enjoying a butter worm

Idolomantis diabolica thinking very hard lol
These are GREAT Sally! :tt1: You are also good at taking pictures. How neat to have such a variety and be able to experience the different personalities, behaviors, and such. ^_^ That's awesome, and I'm jealous! <_< LOL :lol:

June 16, 2013 Blepharopsis mendica male (pretty sure ) and female Rhombodera Stalli Sweeny Deroplatys Lobata Polyspilota graffini Stagmomantis californica Green and brown Tenodera sinensis Snow white

Update July1, 2013 New additions Hierodula bipapilla Both male and female Stagmos molted to adult on the same night :) I held the 8 week old Rhombodera Stalli ooth up to the light....I think eyes? I would be thrilled if this hatched. It was so small I didn't think it was fertile ,here's hoping I was wrong :} Pretty male Ghostie I did find one of the released T sinensis molting outside Yay

Latest posts