Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MintyWood826

Reaction score
Maybe I've just been using the wrong search terms, but I can't seem to find temperature requirements for these. I want them, but I'm trying to stick to mantids that are fine at 72° for now. So, what's their minimum for daytime temps? I looked at the dedicated caresheet but it was scant on info.

Also, how difficult are these to keep?

Sorry if the answers are in an obvious place I missed.

I keep my spinys at room temps. Thats around 71°F at my place.  Sometimes I jump them with a bit of heat if theyre slow to molt, but dont let them dry out totally. Having said that, dont soak them either. Humidity isn't the same as wetness. I use cotton pads as substrate, and those remain moist almost all of the time. Changed out every two days. Water on the cup surfaces should dissipate within a couple hours.

Here’s a guide from Mantidsandmore.com

Temperature:Days 25 – 30 °C, nights room temperature (below 18°C no problem)
So generally they do well between ~77°—86° And at night can tolerate down to ~64°

Other sources have similar temp recommendations:

• KeepInsects.com

• MantidKingdom

•InsectStore

Im fairly certain 72° is well within their range, these are general guidelines for ideal conditions, but they can be varied. I’ve been keeping my truncata and ghosts in the 60s range because it’s been so cold, but they’ve done just fine.

I keep mine just above room temp and mist the well-ventilated enclosures once a day.

- MantisGirl13

Tiny and adorable  :D

20190315_173732-1-1.jpg

20190315_154125-1-1-1.jpg