Keeping the Praying Mantis Question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Man13

Reaction score
Hello. I would like to know if I should buy this book Keeping the Praying Mantis by one of our staff members, Orin. I need the best guide book out there for keeping praying mantises. Is this the one? I must know 😳

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, definitely buy it. Every mantis keeper should have a copy. It was written by @Orin, one of the moderators!

- MantisGirl13 

There are only a few books in the world on keeping mantids and I think every dedicated keeper wants to have a complete library for the animals they love. The Keeping Aliens book was written in 2001 and slightly updated in 2008 and for a long time it was the best English-language book ever written because there was only one (with exception of a smaller handbook from the UK that I thought was a children's book before getting a copy). I would suggest Knaerle and Mantiden and a few others if you want an international collection. Even if you wanted to include non-husbandry study books I'm sure it would be easy to complete a collection. There's also a more recent, small care guide from the UK that literally copies half the content of keeping the praying mantis you can get for free on kindle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts