Choeradodis care?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElytraXD

Reaction score
Hi everyone 🙂

I will hopefully be getting choeradodis soon and have looked into it’s care but I was wondering if anyone who’s dealt with them before can give the optimal conditions for keeping. And any other tips. 
Thanks.

Live plants(preferably broad leaves ones), feed them live moths/butterflies, good ventilation, high humidity, and expect some die offs. 

They are pretty difficult if not kept right. mantisfan101 pretty much covered basic needs. I wouldn't say there's known specific care needs i can give as no-one has been able to successfully breed multiple generations of the current species in culture. I would recommend experience in breeding a variety of difficult species before taking them on. 

Agreed, these are pretty rare too so I wouldn’t keep them “just as pets,” I would definitely try snd breed them

I’ve seen many people who were able to breed them, and they all used lepidopterans. Also the spination in the forelegs would suggest that they would need to hunt flying or more active prey