Help with moulting mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderpants

Reaction score
I had 3Ā orchids arrive today (ordered 2, got 1 free šŸ™‚). The breeder messaged me yesterday that she thought they might beĀ starting to moult to L3, and some unsold ones from the same oothĀ were moulting. Sure enough, one was lying on the floor of the pot when it arrived. I thought it was dead at first, but after a while, I realised it was still moving a little. The breeder suggested spraying the pot, gently dabbing the mantis with water,Ā and attaching the legs of the shed skin to the mesh with sellotape so it could hopefullyĀ pull itself free, which Iā€™ve done, but doesĀ anyone have additional ideas?

It sounds like you've done all you can do. Probably the best thing to do now is just give it some privacy for a while and hope for the best. Good luck! šŸ¤ž

When you have health issues with your mantids, you should post to the Health topic. Your question will get more visibility and there will be more people to chime in with suggestions that may help. ā˜ŗļøĀ 

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you've done all you can do. Probably the best thing to do now is just give it some privacy for a while and hope for the best. Good luck! šŸ¤ž

When you have health issues with your mantids, you should post to the Health topic. Your question will get more visibility and there will be more people to chime in with suggestions that may help. ā˜ŗļøĀ 
Ditto, would not get it wet, they dont breath thru a nose.

Thanks, itā€™s been some hours now. Still hanging there, and I can still see his abdomen moving occasionally, whetherĀ thatā€™s good, bad or indifferent.
Ā 

And I wasnā€™t sure whetherĀ to post this in this forum or the health forum.

If he's still hanging then it's likely too late. Sorry!

- MantisGirl13Ā 

Latest posts