Please pray

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisMart

Reaction score
I think I lost my mantis Gary.

i looked everywhere

there was a hole in the cage

i won’t be able to forgive myself please just pray I’ll be up all night searching. 

I lost an adult male when I was younger, he ended up showing himself 3 days later in the blinds of a window. Try looking around light sources, or if you have lights on tables/ stands, behind those stands. He may also be in curtains, on windowsills, or anywhere that may be high up/ around a light source. 

I don't think that having a female out will really help as he's captive and captive males are a bit less eager to mate than wild ones, though that varies between individuals

I lost an adult male when I was younger, he ended up showing himself 3 days later in the blinds of a window. Try looking around light sources, or if you have lights on tables/ stands, behind those stands. He may also be in curtains, on windowsills, or anywhere that may be high up/ around a light source. 

I don't think that having a female out will really help as he's captive and captive males are a bit less eager to mate than wild ones, though that varies between individuals
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately my house is large, and it’s 2:14 am for me. There’s also many small spaces he could be in. I’m getting tired so I’m probably going to just be as alert as possible and constantly keep an eye out for him.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately my house is large, and it’s 2:14 am for me. There’s also many small spaces he could be in. I’m getting tired so I’m probably going to just be as alert as possible and constantly keep an eye out for him.
He will probably avoid the small spaces, actually. Look up and around lights.

- MantisGirl13 

I found him!!!!!

thanks for all the advice and prayers.

He decided to make an entrance and plummeted from the office door onto the ground and made a huge bang sound.

i forgive Gary haha.