FINALLY, Something Goes Right

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curiosity

Reaction score
Last night, I came home from a church activity and found my European nymph Kayleigh completely still in 1/2 in deep water. I'd put the water there to keep the ants out - it was something I did last year with my adults and I guess I wasn't thinking about the fact that Kayleigh is much smaller. (In retrospect, I realize that was a dumb decision and have since removed the water.) Anyway, I pulled her out and was desperately hunting for some sign of life, and one of her legs moved. A little.

I put her down on a piece of tissue paper hoping she'd sort of dry out and resuscitate a little, since that's all I really know how to do when on of my mantises gets sick or hurt, and went off to take a shower as I was semi covered in mud. When I came back one hour later, Kayleigh was standing up and grooming herself. She's completely back to normal now. 

Literally the first time this year something went wrong (mantis related) and it was possible to correct it. 

YES! (About Kayleigh, that is. Not about the three who've died so far.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad she is ok! I'm sure you've learned your lesson now, but never put standing water in a mantid's cage.

- MantisGirl13 

Latest posts