Mantis molting times

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owldoggo

Reaction score
So my giant Asian mantis hasn’t molted one what seems to be a month— he molted the 26th of July. I don’t know his age properly but the seller when I received the mantis said he’d be L3 to L5. He’s molted once, so his minimum age would be L4 and maximum would be L6. Should I start getting worried?

Don't worry about it. Mantids sometimes take a while to molt. Its annoying as when ur trying to boost their growth for breeding like I am 😂 

Don't worry about it. Mantids sometimes take a while to molt. Its annoying as when ur trying to boost their growth for breeding like I am 😂 

No, they molt in their own time.

I had to wait 36 days for an L6 - L7 moult once - I get your pain, but it will come in its own time!

He's fine.

- MantisGirl13 
He just molted when I woke up! I know mantids can’t think in complex ways but I can’t help but feel like that happened out of spite because I went to ask about it, haha

I'm glad he moulted, and that it was good! I certainly think there's something demonic about them; someone once said that mantids are cat software running on insect hardware and I couldn't agree more, it's a very apt description of these weird critters.

I'm glad he moulted, and that it was good! I certainly think there's something demonic about them; someone once said that mantids are cat software running on insect hardware and I couldn't agree more, it's a very apt description of these weird critters.
I always see them as little fairy’s. They look at you, crawl around— they all have their own personalities, from what I’ve noticed. Even my mother commented about how my mantis feels like a little human when I let her hold him. They clean themselves and stalk around like cats, and it seems like they have that cat curiosity as well, but they have that added human-like feeling that makes me love them even more. 
Curious little beautiful creatures! 

Hehe. It is true as you see them hunt

Latest posts