Elmers Non-Toxic Glue for Ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digisantiago

Reaction score
Quick question

Is Elmer's Non-Toxic glue safe to use to hang ooths? I ran out of glue for my hot glue gun and I don't want the ooth to dry out or hatch on the floor of the container. Thanks for the advice!

Quick question

Is Elmer's Non-Toxic glue safe to use to hang ooths? I ran out of glue for my hot glue gun and I don't want the ooth to dry out or hatch on the floor of the container. Thanks for the advice!
I use Aleene's craft putty (shown below). I buy button magnets (maybe 1/2" dia). I use the craft putty to secure the ooth to one of the magnets (also shown below / crappy desiccata ooth). Then, I use the 2nd magnet on the top side of the lid to secure it.

If you're set on using an adhesive, Id recommend Mod Podge (again, shown below). I imagine kid's white glue would be safe, but I already use Mod Podge to prepare paper-lined shipping lids for 5.5oz cups. Proven safe, and non-toxic / conforms to ASTM D4236. Also, while not exactly water-resistant, once it sets, it's not as water soluble as white glue. :D

20200319_195541.jpg

20200817_121933.jpg

Mod%20Podge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elmers glue is water soluble, so that means that if the ooth ever got wet or the cage got too humid, the glue would start to liquify again. 

- MantisGirl13