where to sell mantids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantisMart

Reaction score
I have 4 stagmomantis consprucata ooths and I am looking everywhere to find as many places to advertise on as possible. I have posted here in the for sale channel already. Does any one have some advice to sell a couple hundred nymphs fast enough so I don't end up with 200 nymphs that I cant sell. 😂 

Don't ooths of this species require a diapause? When were they laid/collected? 

Last edited by a moderator:
they're basically the same as Carolinas and those don't require a diapause. So I doubt they do. They are in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
they're basically the same as Carolinas and those don't require a diapause. So I doubt they do
It is generally recommended that S. carolina ooths be allowed to diapause. They will hatch out without diapause, but the nymph yield is usually lower and the nymphs tend to be weaker... if any hatch at all. I've bred this species a few times before and I would recommend a diapause period.

That's my 2¢ for what it's worth. 😀

That’s what I was thinking - some people say they don’t think so. They were laid between 4 weeks ago to 3 days ago. I’ve been helping him.
Perhaps the later ooths should be diapaused to buy some time. At least there would be a longer delay between each hatch. 

It is generally recommended that S. carolina ooths be allowed to diapause. They will hatch out without diapause, but the nymph yield is usually lower and the nymphs tend to be weaker... if any hatch at all. I've bred this species a few times before and I would recommend a diapause period.

That's my 2¢ for what it's worth. 😀

Perhaps the later ooths should be diapaused to buy some time. At least there would be a longer delay between each hatch. 
Agreed.

Latest posts