MY GIANT ASIAN SHIELD MANTIS MOLTED!!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Man13

Reaction score
My giant asian shield mantis molted! After about 2 months it was about time. It molted perfectly it looks beautiful. 😃😃😃. It is an adult now btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to help it btw. It molted so close to the glass that it couldnt get back up the branch because the glass was too slippery for its claws since it just molted. So I put my hand next to it and it was able to pop its abdomen out of the molt skin. Its a boy btw.

Congratulations! I have two Giant Asain Shield Mantids. R. extensicollis and R. megera. You know its a Rhombodera (my 2nd favorite genus) but do you know what specific species it is?

Ok and how long will my mantis live now since it is a male? Don’t they live shorter than females after the final molt? How long do males and females live after their final molt?

Thanks. Basalis' are cool....

Yeah an hour, plus or minus a half hour.

Couldn't answer how long it will live, but I've heard Rhombodera are longer living ones (my extensicollis is about 6 mo. old so far). I think usually a male will have about half the adult lifespan as a female.