What is your favorite mantis species?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWrongCrowd

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be as a pet, but in general what are everyone's favorite species of pm? Mine has to me dragon, though I'd never ever want to keep them as a pet because they are so new and rare.

dragon-mantis.jpg

I love Orchids, Creobroter, and (recently) Orthodera from what I have kept. For what I wish to have, I’d say Caliris Elegans, Brancsikia Freyi, and Rhombomantis sp. “Candy” are some of my top favorites, though it’s always changing with me.

Ghosts, R megaera, Cat-eyed would be my top three, with Spiny flower, orchid, and Devil's flower close behind but too picky to make the top three, I really like working with mantises that are forgiving and don't give beginners bad experiences.

I love hierodulas, ghost mantids, creobrothers, panther mantids, I love everything that is a mantis really.

I’m a sucker for Carolinas since they are were my first mantis. However I also quite like Ghosts. They’re quite inquisitive and the females like to attack things they shouldn’t. I have yet to own any larger species (really want a hierodula v.) but I have a feeling I’ll like them. Any mantis that is feisty, I love.