Stagmomantis limbata temperament

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaunte

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I recently acquired a juvenile stagmomantis limbata, and this little one is fast and aggressive when it comes to food. I haven't tried holding the little one yet, but I'm a little nervous.

Does their aggressive behavior translate to them not being good candidates for being held, or does that mainly apply to their prey drive?

Thanks! 

Hello.

I recently acquired a juvenile stagmomantis limbata, and this little one is fast and aggressive when it comes to food. I haven't tried holding the little one yet, but I'm a little nervous.

Does their aggressive behavior translate to them not being good candidates for being held, or does that mainly apply to their prey drive?

Thanks! 
Hey @Jaunte!  Sorry for this late reply.  Yes, prey aggression typically.  This translates easily into cannibalism.  An aggressive mantis is more likely to strike at you, but as a nymph, it cant really do much. Youll learn quickly how to best handle it so it stays calm.

Latest posts