Rip Venus my female Ghost mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystymantis

Reaction score
I'm so sad my female Ghost mantis Venus died yesterday. She was fine and then just was on her back upside down on the ground. She lived for over 15 months! And she laid 15 egg cases! She nearly made it to see her offspring become adults as her first egg case nymphs are L7.  I think it might have been weather changing or just old age that did her in. Rip Venus.

Awww so sorry. I know how tough it is when one of these guys dies. Wow! 15 months is a very long time. What are you going to do with the babies. I'd be interested in one. 🤗 20210624_132746.jpg20210315_155121.jpg

I'm so sad my female Ghost mantis Venus died yesterday. She was fine and then just was on her back upside down on the ground. She lived for over 15 months! And she laid 15 egg cases! She nearly made it to see her offspring become adults as her first egg case nymphs are L7.  I think it might have been weather changing or just old age that did her in. Rip Venus.
Same thing happened to my female, same age, same instar nymphs :(

Latest posts