Orchid color (hear me outšŸ˜…)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minomantis

Reaction score
Now I know coloration is a topic that can be debated over and over, but I have a more specific question. This is for my orchid breeders out there.

A couple questions:

Do you all notice maybe a direct connection between humidity and the presence of pink in your mantis?Ā 
Will orchids get more pink right before a molt?

I ask because I have a female that had a little pink in the legs and a little on her abdomen when I got her. Her head, thorax, and striking legsĀ are now turning pink and her abdomen is getting more and more pink. Things that Iā€™ve done to encourage color change:

1. Put her on a pink/purple orchid as her home

2. Whenever I shower, I bring her to the bathroom to enjoy the humidity spike

3. Mist her everyday.

4. Make sure whenever she is in her enclosure, the humidity is high and warm

any thoughts would be great!

-mino

Be careful with all that misting. I dont follow things on color, so can't help there, but if the mantis is not used to all that moisture, it could develope problems.

I don't think there's really a relation to humidity and color change. I can't really sense any reason why there would be. If anything, mantises are just known for changing coloration when they molt. That could be what it is.Ā 

Latest posts