Eremiaphila sp a little picture heavy

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jandl2204

Reaction score
A few images of our Eremiaphila sp

Anyone wanting these should be aware they cost allot and they are difficult to culture, particularly were breeding is concerning. And no i don't sell them....ever.

And they are really, really, fast

Adult Female.

P1010015aditedcopy.jpg

Adult Male

P1010001.jpg

Sub Adult Female

P1010014.jpg

Sub Adult Female

P1010013.jpg

Sub Adult Female

P1010012.jpg

Recently moulted Adult Male

P1010010.jpg

Adult Male

P1010008.jpg

Please do not make use of these pictures without my communicated consent.

I have to say, that thing just looks cute.

By the by, do you have the original images without the watermarque, as i would love to use them in the near future, drop me a PM or something.

Also, do you have any pics of younger nymphs or hatchlings? Ive never had the oppertunity to see them that young and you implied you had bred them sucessfully, so if you do have any pictures of nymphs please do show as it would be rather nice!

great pics! really unique looking and behaving mantids! :)

Very interesting little mantis there.

Hi Yen, Eremiaphila sp are incapable of climbing glass. They also shed in a similar fashion to crickets (via the ground).

They look cool but I can't can a good idea of scale from your pictures, how big are they?

The females are approximately 2.5cm in length when adult. The males are a little smaller approximately 2.25cm as adults. Both genders are fairly broad with the females being approximately 0.8 - 0.9cm across their abdomen.

Recently I received some Eremiaphila ooth traded from Germany, it is fairly small, probably only20 eggs/ooth. I hope my setup for incubating the ooth is alright, is 30C the right temp? i am afraid to get the heat lamp too close to the ootheca. Or is heat mat a better methos for heating up the ooth? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ooth1.jpg

ooth3.jpg

ooth2.jpg

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

Very cool yen. Those ooths are interesting too. What are the other ooths you got there? Put me on the list for those little desert mantids.

i think you might be the first person in the US to get them.
I believed Evan Ngo from Texas raised this species years ago. I am not the first :wink: I found his website and his caresheet for this species is pretty helpful

What are the other ooths
They are violin and devil flower mantis ooth.

Those are really interesting little mantids there. Good luck in raising them and hopefully some more will hatch out very soon.

If possible yen, could you post a video? I'd love to see what they look like when they run (and when they're hunting)! Does your digital camera make video clips? I'll volunteer some space to host it if you send it to me (provided that the file is not too large). I have some free web space from my school. PM me if you're interested!

Latest posts