Otomantis sp.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yen_saw

Forum Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received some Boxer Mantis L1 nymphs from Wlodek today, smallest thing i have ever seen at L1, definately less than 5 mm.

L1a.jpg

L1c.jpg

L1d.jpg

Did they all survive the journey okay?
Yes, they survived the journey, all 10 of them, although weather was cold yesterday. Thanks to the nice packing, and next day delivery helps. HOwever, They definately need small fruit flies to survive at L1. They are only the size of full grown D. Hydei.

Probably the same size as Ceratomantis :) The tine mantid species are sooo cute!

Wow, those are really cool looking mantids. I am glad to hear they all made it there alive. Can't wait to see pictures of them when they get older.

Just an update on this species. Finally they have grown up to the size which i can see it with my naked eye :lol: My surviving boxer mantis nymphs are doing great and hopefully i can breed this sepcies.

L4c.jpg

L4a.jpg

They are cute! Tiny little creatures. Great pictures.

Thanks! appeared to have 5 spikes from the abdomen, so this is a female I guess.

I never really realise the size of these when looking at picutres, but they really are small!
Yes Ian they are really small, i should take a pic of this species next to a ruler or my finger tip. Blue bottle fly can easily knock them out but that's probably not bad considering they are just the size of D. Hydei when I received them at L1.

That's not a problem Robo, they will just ignore food if they have enough. I fed them D. Melanogaster at L1, and some will drop it halfway indicating they are full I guess.

Latest posts