-When Selling Mantis: The Just Prices?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CockroachYet

Reaction score
-Hello all, which percentage in the price is an optimal increase each time a mantis nymph reach another stage of devolopment?, is say, from L1 or L2 to L3 or L4 or so to sub-adult or adult?

-The question is because I will need low the numbers each time my ooths when these will hatch. And maybe may take some time for low the numbers while the nymphs will increasing their size.

-So, is possible to show a reasonable price when L1 L2, and a reasonable increasing percentage in the price when mantis reach more size and age to sub-adults an adults.

-I dont want to sound too commercial because firstly I have the mantids for love for this hobby, but so I can retrievering a few of their fees-charges for rearing them ((of course)), house them, feeding them, etc. Sure I will may gives for free some of these nymphs, but also to sell the most of them.

-So, which increasing percentages in the price are reasonables for size and age of the mantis? ((sure this sound like a very cold question :oops: )).

-Thank you, best regards. Roberto.

I think the easiest way of answering this would be to say to do a search on here typing in for example "whalbergii" and finding the posts in the for sale/trade section... There will always be people selling nymphs and others selling adults. Then do a reasonable increase from one to the other...

Nymphs for example might be selling for £1 and adults for £10... As they increase in size by a factor of about 1.2-1.5 each time, it seems only fair that the price should too.

For example: 1,1.5,2.25,3.50,5,7.5,10... that roughly covers the range...

Although people always appreciate discounts for bulk and it is unwise to sell at L1 as these are fragile and often die...

-infinity :

-Many thanks for your help. The hints you told me are of very good help for me, and I will use these hints for calculating the prices here. These increases fit very well with the mantis sizes and with the consideration in the prices of the fragile L1 nymphs which may be easily to die. Best regards, Roberto.

Latest posts