Metallyticus sp

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francisco

Reaction score
Hello All,

If you guys noticed, in one of the the forums was a 25 lot of Metallyticus sp for sale.

I think it was on Petbugs.com

Well my question is How much would you guys think is a good price for an L1-L2 nymph???

How much are you guys willing to pay for something as rare as Metallyticus?

I am not trying to sell any, I don't own any, I wish.

regards

Ft

PS I will post the price that they sold for in a week,so you guys know how serious some Hobbiest are about rare species.

so who's gonna be the first brave one? :mrgreen:

Hi all,

I emailed the guy few days ago and till now I didn't get the replay. It is probably some kind of scam.

Hello all,

I can not say is a scam,since I did talk to the guy.

Wlodek, to talk to this guy you have to meet all the requirements.

He knows me so, I don't need to put all that information.

I have not seen the L1-L2 nymphs personally,but he did offer me one ootheca and one adult pair last year, offcourse I wanted them but I could not afford them then, and now.

I wonder, who in California purchased them???? How well is that person will do with them.

Well, If he was able to find someone supplying them, I think we eventually will have them in culture, or perhaps they are probably already being kept in captivity as a top secret.

Regards

to all.

PS Any Idea How much each nymph was sold? How about the group?

HEllo All,

ABBuggin, I asume that they are just like the adults, and exact copy of them, just like Gonatista grisea.

Perhaps Christian has seen them???

regards

FT

HEre is a picture of the adults.

Please if you need to use this pic contact me.

thanks. Enjoy!!!!!!

Metallitycussplendidus.jpg

HEre is a picture of the adults.Please if you need to use this pic contact me.

thanks. Enjoy!!!!!!

Metallitycussplendidus.jpg
um...HOLY ?????!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i thought those guys were SUPER FAST HYPER NERVOUS fellas? it didn't get nervous and run off the hand???

here's the pic i have saved on my hard drive:

Metallyticussp.jpg

HEllo All,

WUWU, I have held many times my 3 pairs of dead specimens,but never a live one.

[That pic if from a friend, Who sells them as dry specimens, Shame :( ]

The two pictures show two different spieces of Metallyticus sp

There are 5 different Metallyticus sp

M fallax (Borneo)

M pallipes (Borneo)

M semiaeneus (Sarawak)

M splendidus (SW India,Malabar)

M violacea sin=Met splendidus. (Java)

I have only seen two species available as dry specimens and those are

M splendidus.

M fallax.

Regards

FT

francisco, so basically, you don't know if metallyticus is a hyper nervous genus? it would be cool if they could actually be handled as well!

Hello All,

According to my friend in Malaysia, the guys who collect them have a really hard time getting them, so it is not tha they are hyper nervous species, I think that given the change they will take off running.

I am under the impresion that they are similar to G grisea,T afselli but a lot more like Mantoida maya, wich by the way are really fast but curious.

Who knows for sure, perhaps the new owner of those nymphs can post some information here on the forum, if he happens to visit this forum.

Regards

FT