Awsome Mantis Video

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FieroRumor

Reaction score
It's called "Alien Insect: Praying Mantis"

It was on the Discovery Channel, I believe.

Very cool, it shows a mantis take down a mouse, a snake, and other things. It also shows a bunch of mantids that didn't quite make it...

I did a websearch and came up with this link, which you can use to download the movie - it is pretty hefty - 700 MB, but it is excellent quality (Needs divx codec)

http://www.mantiscam.com/candidmantis/Disc...0-%20MedRes.avi

I would love to buy the DVD of this...gotta go try to track that down...

Hefty for sure. I am on a high speed connection and it says 2 hr! :shock: But sounds like it's worth the wait.

Trying to DL it now also, but good grief it's coming from a slow server. Currently getting 12kbps, but I can dl at 800kbps! Gonna take a day or so..

Hmm, it downloaded for a couple hours then said it was complete. I played it and it had only 5 minutes of video and no sound. Strange.. wish I could just buy the dvd of this, but discovery doesn't seem to be selling it. :(

I am at 45% now. Now it says 8 hrs! Is this airing again on Discovery?

Ok I am redownloading it, and this time it didn't stop and is at 12 hours to go. I used the DivX player to see the one that downloaded only 5 mins worth, and the picture was great, but I had no sound at all. I'm curious to see if anyone else is able to get sound on the movie..

lol, 20 more hours for me :lol: looks like i'll have to leave my computer on all night.

Joe

I can't believe I downloaded that thing and it won't work! Says it's missing some codecs or something. :roll:

Rick, are you playing it on Windows media player (WMP)?

You can download the required codecs when it comes up as a pop-up on WMP then it will link you to the site where the codecs are availible. Does that make sense?

Sorry, i haven't been on here to check this thread out for awhile...

There is a codec you need to download, lemme try to find the name of it...

I REALLY would like to buy the DVD of this, but as posted above, i don't see them offering it.

It isn't off my site, I found it using google.

Latest posts